THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM by benaiah juma.
In this topic I am going to deal with the importance of the fearing God to our Christian lives. The fear of lord is important to us. When we fear the lord we will keep the commandments and abstain from all evil. Nowadays sin is rampant because people lack the fear of the lord. The world that we live in today is insane because there is no fear of God before their eyes as Apostle Paul puts it.
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Today people murder as they please, kill babies as they please and do all sorts of abomination which is even difficult to write in here. They do not care and that is the delusion that the devil has dropped on the world today. With the fear of the lord you will be sane and you will walk in the ways that please the lord and escape the wrath and judgment that is coming on all humanity shortly. With the fear of the lord people become wise and help build the earth by doing deeds that are approved by God and deeds that have a lasting significance. I want to point you to the scriptures in the bible on the importance of fearing God to our Christian lives and we will make some comments on them as we proceed.
1. Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
When people fear the lord they will be wise. Anyone that does not fear the lord is foolish and is capable of doing shameful things. A person who fears the lord is ready and will accept instructions but a foolish person who forsaketh the way, correction is grievous for him or her to bear. When you correct a foolish person they will hate you and depart from you, but a person with the fear of the lord will love you and draw closer to you.
Anyone that is offended when you give him or her instructions which are truthful and right is a fool. When you fear the lord you will depart from iniquity and you will end up living holy lives. For a person to live holy lives in Christ Jesus he or she must develop a healthy fear of the lord. Anyone that does good works and is a channel of righteousness you can rest assured they have the fear of the lord in their hearts.
2. Gen 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake
In this scripture we see Abrham being afraid of people who do not fear God. A person without the fear of God has no mercy and can murder another human being. A person without the fear of the lord can murder another human being for petty reasons. A lot of people murder people for money, to gain high position in their workplaces or any other reason which are unsignificant. A person without the fear of the lord is dangerous. Anyone that does not fear the lord will be available here on earth for the devil to use to the fullest.
3. Psa 36:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD. The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
By the deeds of the wicked it indicates that they percieve that their is no God. The wicked think there is no accountability for their actions. The wicked think they will not give an account of their deeds here on earth but a righteous man understands God's judgment and it is evidenced by how they give God the honor by living pure lives.
4. Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
The fear of the lord is the beginning of knowledge, without the fear of God is absolute foolishness and insanity. A person who does not fear God is destitute of wisdom.
5. Deu 6:2 That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.
The word of God promises that God will increase the days of our lives here on this earth if we obey him and keep his commandments. The word of God says that our God is a merciful God forgiving iniquity to those that fear him and in no wise clearing the sins of the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers up to the third and fourth generation.
6. Deu 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
7. Jos 24:14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
8. Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
9. Psa 22:23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.
10. Psa 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
11. Psa 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
Psa 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
Psa 33:19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
Psa 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Psa 135:20 Bless the LORD, O house of Levi: ye that fear the LORD, bless the LORD.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Pro 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
Pro 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
Pro 14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
Pro 15:16 Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.
Pro 15:33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.
Pro 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
Pro 19:23 The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
Pro 22:4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
Pro 23:17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.
Act 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
Psa 89:7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him
Luk 1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
Leave a Comment.
1. The way of the cross.
2. Cry out to God.
3. Jesus saves.
Author: Benaiah Juma.
Donations: (Make a Donation).
Email: overcomingsatanandhisangels @gmail.com.
Facebook Page: Overcoming satan and his angels in Jesus name.